You will learn about fundamental principles upon which the criminal justice system is based by positioning them in a comparative context.
We have designed the degree to allow you to examine crucial areas of criminal litigation in far greater depth than usually possible, either at undergraduate level or during a professional training course.
The specialist Criminal Litigation programme from City, University of London is the first postgraduate degree in the UK to be dedicated exclusively to the critical study of criminal litigation. You will benefit from a unique qualification.
This specialist Criminal Litigation LLM can significantly advance your career in a related field.
With new knowledge and skills you may progress towards your target area of practice, return to your initial practice or seek a new direction.
Our aim is for you to be well positioned for legal and non-legal careers. You could work:
- in private practice
- in-house at a law firm
- in policy and government
- in non-governmental organisations.
- As with all Master of Laws (LLM) specialisms at City, University of London, you may take either five modules and a shorter dissertation (10,000 words) or four modules and a longer dissertation (20,000 words).
- All modules are of the same duration and are taught per term (September – December or January – April) rather than the whole academic year.
- If you take four modules you will take two per term in each term and if you take five modules will have three in one term and two in the other. Dissertations are written during the summer term when there are no classes.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law Criminal Law Criminology View 178 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
- We are interested in receiving applications from individuals with at least an upper second-class honours undergraduate degree in law (roughly equivalent to a B or B+) from a recognised international institution. Applicants with a good undergraduate degree in another subject will also be considered.
- One application form
- A short personal statement (c800-1200 words) outlining why you are applying for this programme
- A copy of your degree transcript: We require an original transcript or a copy certified by your institution. If you have not yet graduated, you will be required to send us your degree transcript as soon as it is available. You will not be able to register as a City student without having supplied your degree transcript.
- Please note: At least one academic reference is required in order for us to assess your application.
International18940 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18940 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13540 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time per year
- UK: £6,770
- Overseas/EU: £9,470
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.