About this Degree
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Auburn University offers programs leading to the master of science and doctor of philosophy in both pure and Applied Mathematics and Statistics, the non-thesis master of applied mathematics, and the master of probability and statistics (also see Statistics). In addition, the department regularly offers actuarial science courses that are approved by both the Society of Actuaries and the Casualty Actuarial Society; they are designed to provide the background and material covered in the first three actuarial exams.
The internationally known faculty of around 50 professors works in areas of algebra, analysis, applied mathematics, discrete mathematics, geometry, linear algebra, logic, numerical analysis, partial differential equations, probability, set theory, statistics and topology. Some professors maintain applied research programs associated with several government and industrial laboratories, and one holds the Associate of the Society of Actuaries designation.
- Research and Thesis
- Research and Dissertation
- 20 Credits in MATH 6000-8999
- 6 Credits in @ 6000-8999 (Approved Electives)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
- International applicants should submit all materials at least 90 days before the first day of class and domestic students at least 45 days
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 380 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- Admission to the program is based on a student’s undergraduate record,
- three letters of recommendation from former teachers,
- GRE scores and graduate GPA (for doctoral students). The GRE subject test is not required.
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics is not required, but students without such a background may be expected to take additional courses to make up deficiencies
International31986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15993 USD per semester during 12 months.
National31986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15993 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11826 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5913 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Auburn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.