Upon graduating from the Computer, Communication and Information Sciences - Software and Service Engineering programme from Aalto University, graduates will have:
- Ability to design, develop, and manage digital products and services. Graduates master the art of digital value creation, knowing how software can accelerate business growth in modern organisations.
- Strong problem solving skills. Graduates have the skills and knowledge to tackle wicked, complex problems taking human, societal and organisational factors into account.
- End user and customer-centric approach to engineering. Graduates understand the necessity of in-depth and continuous understanding of customer needs as an indispensable part of building successful software products.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Graduates have strong communication skills and are able to work in multidisciplinary teams, with a range of different personalities.
Software is the ultimate source of capacity, innovation, competitiveness, quality, and agility of companies. As nearly every business is a software business, the field is incredibly broad and graduates have an exceptionally wide range of career paths in front of them.
Typical job titles of recent graduates include
- Application Developer
- Business Development Manager
- Code Writer
- DevOps Engineer
- Full Stack Developer
- IT Consultant
- Operations Lead
- Requirements Specialist
- Service Designer
- Software Project
- Usability Evaluation
- User Interface Construction
- ICT Enabled Service Business and Innovation
- Software Design and Modeling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 41 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Finland
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate.
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Proof of language proficiency in the language of instruction of the study option.
- Portfolio (electronic). Most study options in the field of art and design, architecture and landscape architecture require an electronic portfolio in PDF-format.
- GMAT or GRE test (business and economics). GMAT or GRE scores for applicants to School of Business study options in admission group 2 or all applicants to the study option of Finance. See submission instructions: GMAT and GRE test.
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.