What exactly is intelligence, and how does it evolve? What is learning and why has 'learning to learn' become a crucial skill in today’s world? Wanting to find answers to questions as plain and straightforward as these can be enough of a reason for someone to study machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence. Yet these fields also deal with some of the most challenging problems of the 21st century, making the Computer, Communication and Information Sciences - Machine Learning, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence programme from Aalto University an ideal study environment for someone who is motivated to get out of their comfort zone. Be it to find new solutions to tackle climate change or better understand the causes of an epidemic, artificial intelligence, data science and machine learning have an integral part to play.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence are disrupting virtually every business in every industry. Staying on top of this revolutionary technology is imperative for organisations seeking to maintain a competitive edge.
Since the demand for AI professionals outpaces the current skilled AI engineers, the graduates of this major have limitless opportunities open for them, ranging from process industry to data science. Recent spearhead application areas include bioinformatics, computational astrophysics, biology, and medicine, interactive technologies, information retrieval, information visualisation, neuroinformatics, and social-network analysis.
Typical entry-level job titles of recent graduates include
- Analytics Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- DevOps Engineer
- Machine Learning Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Machine Learning: Supervised Methods
- Deep Learning
- Bayesian Data Analysis
- Machine Learning: Advanced Probabilistic Methods (5 ECTS)
- Artificial Intelligence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Machine Learning View 11 other Masters in Machine Learning in Finland
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Aalto University and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants are expected to have a high-quality Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, communications engineering, or electrical engineering. Excellent candidates with degrees in other fields including but not limited to information systems, engineering, natural sciences, mathematics or physics will be considered if they have sufficient studies in the required areas.
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- At least one original recommendation letter
- Short course descriptions of courses taken in the relevant subject areas
- Work certificates and certificates of other relevant achievements
- Copies of any publications
- Official transcript of records for other university studies which are not included in the mandatory part of the application (e.g. incomplete degrees, exchange studies, non‐degree studies)
- GRE or GMAT test results, if available
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.