During your first year, you will familiarize yourself with fundamentals and practical work on these areas and after that will have a solid base to select your preferences for the remaining studies.
Depending of your own interests, you may enhance your future knowledge by combining your studies with chemical engineering, materials science or polymer technology, just as an example. Our graduates are employed as specialists in various branches of chemical and related industry or governmental offices.
Chemistry major also offers an excellent starting point for doctoral studies, if you pursue for deeper learning. Our professors are internationally acknowledged and have an extensive network that benefits your education. We also have excellent links to industry.
As a graduate of the Chemical, Biochemical and Materials Engineering - Chemistry major from Aalto University you will have the skills and knowledge to work as pacesetter of your field in various managerial, planning and research duties serving industry or related stakeholders, the scientific community or public sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Learning Community
- Laboratory Projects in Chemistry
- Quantum mechanics and Spectroscopy
- Quantitative Instrumental Analysis
- Chemistry of the Elements
- Reactivity in Organic Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 18 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Finland
- B.Sc or equivalent degree of a relevant field in the natural sciences or engineering. Relevant degrees are e.g. in the fields of chemistry, chemical technology, physics. Preference is given to candidates with strong background in chemistry.
- This Master’s programme should provide genuinely new knowledge and enhance the career prospects of the applicant. Thus, applicants who already have a Master’s degree in the closely related field will only be accepted onto the programme for very specific reasons. These reasons must be stated in the application.
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.