The Industrial Engineering and Management programme from Aalto University is a unique combination of engineering, business and leadership studies that will empower you to create value and sustained competitive advantage for organisations as a top-tier future leader. Graduating engineers from the programme are prepared for challenging positions to solve the most complex business problems including crafting strategies, developing daily operations and designing future organisations.
Studying Industrial Engineering and Management opens up many diverse career paths in organisations ranging from startups to multinational corporations, consultancies and NGOs. Our alumni have also founded numerous companies. Typically, graduates work in expert, analyst or project management roles in their first job after graduation.
Our department’s close collaboration with the industry and an active alumni network helps students build relationships with companies throughout the studies. Furthermore, the student association of Industrial Engineering and Management organises networking events such as an annual seminar for students and alumni. Several companies also offer master’s thesis positions that can lead to employment after graduation.
Aalto University has well-established career services that will support you in finding employment in Finland and abroad. Aalto students tend to find good positions with ease upon graduation. An active entrepreneurship community is also present at Aalto, which can help as a springboard for founding your company. Finally, if an academic career is of interest, the Master’s programme in Industrial Engineering is a great foundation for doctoral studies and post-doc positions.
- Designing Adaptive and Creative Organisations
- Service Operations Management
- Startup Finance
- Strategies for Growth and Renewal
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership Technology Management View 44 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Finland
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate.
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Proof of language proficiency in the language of instruction of the study option.
- Portfolio (electronic). Most study options in the field of art and design, architecture and landscape architecture require an electronic portfolio in PDF-format.
- GMAT or GRE test (business and economics). GMAT or GRE scores for applicants to School of Business study options in admission group 2 or all applicants to the study option of Finance. See submission instructions: GMAT and GRE test.
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.