It was established in collaboration with Amnesty International to provide scholarly and practical training for future human rights defenders. Located in Bloomsbury, the intellectual heart of London, it offers students easy access to world-class libraries and facilities, including Senate House Library, the British Library and the British Museum.
- The Understanding and Securing Human Rights degree from School of Advanced Study, University of London aims to develop students as human rights practitioners and to enable them to engage with the intellectual and philosophical foundations of human rights.
- All of our graduates are awarded a University of London degree. The course can be studied full time or part time.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Human Rights I: Ideas and Contexts
- Securing Human Rights I: Actors and Mechanisms, Skills and Strategies
- Translating Human Rights into Law I: The Foundations of International Human Rights Law
- Dissertation (15,000 words)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law View 346 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The normal minimum entrance requirement would be a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree from a university in the UK, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Applications from candidates who do not meet the formal academic requirements but who offer alternative qualifications and/or relevant experience, could be considered.
- English is the language of instruction and applicants are required to demonstrate an appropriate level of proficiency.
International15115 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15115 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8525 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.