The Physical-Chemistry and Chemical-Physics (PCCP) programme from the University of Bordeaux aims to integrate Master students within academic and industrial fields of fundamental physical chemistry.
Various aspects are concerned: study of matter and its transformations, analysis and control of physical and chemical processes, light-matter interactions and spectroscopy techniques, modelling of physical and chemical processes from molecular to macroscopic scale.
Applications cover scientific fields ranging from nanotechnologies, photonics, optoelectronics and organic electronics, to environmental sensors and detection systems
The PCCP Master is supported by high-level educational and research partners, represented by the consortium of universities engaged in the program. Students follow their courses within a challenging, international environment. Annual summer schools, organized by the consortium partners, complete the students’ training by offering a focus on several topics relative to PCCP.
After this Master program?
After graduation, students are fully prepared to pursue doctoral studies and a career in research. They may also work as scientists or R&D engineers within the industrial field.Associated business sectors:
- Chemical analysis
- Chemistry of the atmosphere and environmental science
- Energy and photovoltaic technologies
- Aeronautics and space
- Chemical industries, pharmaceutical technologies
- Fine chemicals and cosmetics
- Numerical methods
- Quantum mechanics
- Inorganic materials or structural analysis
- Theory of chemical bond
- Solid state physics
- Phase transitions and kinetics
- Physical chemistry of polymers
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A letter of motivation (written in English)
- A curriculum including the grades obtained during your previous education (in particular the BSc)
- Any document you consider useful to evaluate the relevance of your candidature
- Hold a Bachelor degree of Science in Physical-Chemistry, Chemistry, Physics or an equivalent degree.
- Master 1, 70% of lectures and all tutorials are taught in English and Master 2, all classes are taught in English.
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
- University registration fees of 400€.
Living costs for Bordeaux
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.