- Social Influence: about the social influence of behaviour and attitude change
- Health Promotion: about improving health-related behaviour
- Work and Organisation: about the functioning and wellbeing of individuals and teams in organisations
By choosing a track and elective courses you can explore your personal field of interest.
This Master’s programme connects closely to our research programmes Social-cognitive and Interpersonal Determinants of Behaviour, Health Psychology: Self-regulation, and Work and Organisational Psychology. Connecting theory and practice is essential in our Master's. You will develop theory-driven interventions by means of the PATH model (Problem-Analysis-Test-Help).
The knowledge and skills you gain in this Master's programme provide access to a broad spectrum of occupational opportunities. Graduates get (sometimes after a traineeship or further education) a large variety of jobs in commercial organisations and in the public sector.
You can also start your own company. Due to the strong international focus of our programme, you are an attractive employee for organisations from all over the world.
- organisational consultant (KPN, Berenschot or Cap Gemini)
- trainer, coach (Pure Talent, Universities of Applied Sciences)
- expert in behaviour change (d&b, Milieu Centraal, Arcadis Nederland)
- health psychologist (Nutricia, Philips, Local Community Health Service (GGD), first-line basic healthcare instituitions (e.g. general practitioners))
- project manager (Team Alert, Publicis Amsterdam)
- consultant for public communication (Hilversum Media Campus, NPO)
- consultant for marketing or advertising (Coolblue, STER reclame, Booking.com)
- consultant for recruitment & selection, HRM (Yacht, Hays, Akerendam, CEB, Randstad)
- consultant for policy makers (Government, ministries, township, NS (in Dutch))
- work psychologist (Falke & Verbaan, Volker Wessels)
- researcher (TNO, Trendsactive, Motivaction, TNS NIPO, Bol.com, Toota Research, CBS, Ipsos, Anti Discriminatie Bureau Radar)
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- From Theory to Intervention
- Academic Professional Social, Health and Organisational Psychology
- Communication: Effective Interaction in Theory and Practice
- Social Influence, Public Communication and Advertising
- Internship Social, Health and Organisational Psychology, Track Social Influence
- Master's Thesis Social, Health and Organisational Psychology, Track Social Influence
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Please note that the application deadline for students with an EU/EEA or Swiss nationality may be extended to 1 June.
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology Health Sciences View 97 other Masters in Psychology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An academic Bachelor’s degree. Our International Students Admission’s office will verify whether a non-Dutch academic degree is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree at a Dutch research university. All international Bachelor’s degrees are evaluated based on standards set by the NUFFIC.
- If your degree is assessed as less than equivalent to a 3-year Dutch research University degree, or as a bachelor from a university of applied sciences, you are most likely not eligible for admission.
- Sufficient command of the English language
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.