In the Advanced Materials for Innovation and Sustainability (EIT Raw Materials) programme from Aalto University, students will acquire an understanding of the full raw materials value chain and create a mindset for innovation and entrepreneurship focusing on sustainability.
Europe is amongst the world leaders in Materials Science. Statistics clearly point out that there is a strong need for highly trained engineers and researchers to work in this field.
Career options for the AMIS graduates include:
- Academic career: scientist with high commercialization awareness, knowledge, and competences; someone who is aware of what is the value proposition and who is the customer and user of their scientific research; someone who can communicate effectively the commercial value of their scientific research.
- Employment in a company operating in the field of raw materials: expert employee or manager whose actions and decisions influence the innovation output, value creation, and performance of the company (R&D, New Business Development functions).
- Venture Ideation
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Minor
- Innovation and entrepreneurial approach to materials and technology
- Experimental methods in physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Innovation Management Sustainable Energy View 20 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.