Public International Law has traditionally been concerned with the structure and behaviour of sovereign states and intergovernmental organisations. In recent decades, however, international law has also progressively affected multinational corporations and individuals. Public international law has increased in use and relevance vastly over the twentieth century, due to a globalised world with an upsurge in global trade, environmental concerns, human rights violations, armed conflicts, and a growth in global communications.
- In the Public International Law course from Bournemouth University , you’ll be introduced to the nature and theories of international law, international legal obligations and subjects of international law which includes international organisations as well as specialist option units in environmental law, international criminal law and human rights law.
- Enhance your career prospects in the legal profession, for government agencies, NGO’s, professional services, or in academia.
- Benefit from a unique blend of delivery including guest lectures, electronic learning, lectures and seminars.
- Learn from qualified professional practitioners and senior academic staff
Your career prospects will be enhanced and future career paths include working in the legal profession, for government agencies, in banking and finance, in accounting and professional services, or in academia.
Our alumni’s employers include the likes of Axis Associates International Co. Ltd, the Court of Justice, Spoor & Fisher and UPTX.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of International Law & International Organisations
- International Criminal Law & Justice
- International Human Rights Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline for this course. However, if you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 199 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject or equivalent.
- For post-experience and professional qualifications, there may be additional entry requirements set by the association or institute that ultimately administers the qualification in question.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- £8,000 (UK, ROI & CI)
- £14,000 (Int'l)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.