Why study LLM Intellectual Property at BU?
- Developed in collaboration with The Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys and The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys for students considering a career in law firms, national, regional or international governmental organisations and the industry
- Understand national, regional and international IP frameworks along with contemporary issues relating to IP and new technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and 3D printing
- Benefit from CIPPM’s membership of the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme, allowing you to apply for a 12-month paid traineeship at the EUIPO or the EPO
- Complete particular units to qualify with a PGCert Intellectual Property, providing full exemptions from foundation level examinations for qualification as a patent or trade mark attorney in the UK (IPReg/CIPA/CITMA)
- Tailor your degree to suit your interests or career aspirations through a range of option units
- Graduate ready to enter a range of potential careers including Associate Directors, In -House counsels, the judiciary, and Associate or Senior Lawyer in IP in international law firms.
Opportunities such as a 12-month paid traineeship European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) or the European Patent Office (EPO) make this course a great option to prepare you for a legal career.
Graduates from the Intellectual Property course from Bournemouth University have gone on to work for the likes of Axis Associates International Co. Ltd, the Court of Justice, Spoor & Fisher, and UPTX among many others.
The Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg) are the independent regulatory body for patent and trade mark attorneys and are responsible for setting the education and training requirements for qualification as a patent attorney and a trade mark attorney.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International & Comparative Intellectual Property Law
- Principles of International Law & International Organisations
- Contemporary Issues in Intellectual Property Law
- Corporate Law Theory & Practice
- Regulation & Policy of International Commerce
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
There's no application deadline for this course, but if you need a visa, think about the length of time it takes to process your visa application.
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Civil & Private Law Artificial Intelligence View 259 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent
If you lack the formal academic qualifications needed to enter a postgraduate or post-experience degree, there are several alternative routes to follow - some based on experience. Contact the Future Students Enquiry Team for more information.
You should have familiarity with the law or thorough subject knowledge in a related discipline such as accounting, management or business. A background in the sciences is appropriate if you intend to progress into a career relating to patents.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Fees shown are for 2023/24 entry. For fees and funding information please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.