Why study Graduate Diploma in Law at BU?
- Acquire knowledge of the foundation law subjects of the English Legal Systems and processes required by The Law Society and The General Council of the Bar
- Develop the skills to analyse legal problems and provide a range of solutions to them
- Gain a critical understanding of contemporary legal issues and develop the ability to synthesise and challenge legal doctrines and concepts
- Research and write a paper on a further area of law that interests you, and that you may wish to pursue in the future
- Benefit from a focused learning environment and individual support from our experienced academic staff, whose education is informed by professional qualifications, experience and research
- Graduates will be able to proceed to the vocational stage of legal education.
Although your Law programme from Bournemouth University will typically prepare you for a career in the legal profession, it is a highly valued qualification in its own right. This means it could open up a broad variety of career opportunities across a range of sectors.
Employers of BU Graduate Diploma in Law graduates include 3PB Barristers, Harold G Walker Solicitors, the Court of Justice and Spoor & Fisher, and we have alumni working across areas such as PR and finance, as well as law.
Accredited by Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Systems, Skills and Research
- Law of Obligations
- Constitutional and EU Law
- Law of Trusts and Estates
- Property law
- Human Rights Law
- Criminal Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There's no application deadline for this course, but if you need a visa, think about the length of time it takes to process your visa application
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Legal Studies View 229 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent
Applicants without a UK or Republic of Ireland Honours degree must either have
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Fees shown are for 2023/24 entry. For fees and funding information please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.