The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and Applied Linguistics programme form Manchester Metropolitan University is delivered by lecturers with years of experience in English language teaching and postgraduate supervision.
Learner-centred teaching allows you to reflect on the practice and theory of TESOL with expert support, in light of the most recent advances in understanding of language teaching and learning. The programme combines the study of theories, methods and materials with a detailed analysis of language and an awareness of practical research methods. It will prepare you for work in multiple educational environments and is also an excellent preparation for further postgraduate study.
Our practical MA TESOL and Applied Linguistics provides a global opportunity for career development for new and experienced teachers alike. On completion of this course, you will be well-placed to become professionally involved in the field of teaching English, or to become a teacher trainer, school manager, educational adviser, consultant, materials developer, exam writer and more.
Graduates from the course are now working in a variety of educational settings including language schools, colleges, primary schools, secondary schools and government organisations internationally. Others have undertaken further studies and training, which have included either a higher research degree or other teaching diplomas. This programme will also prepare students for further study at PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language Teaching
- Second Language Acquisition and Learning
- Sound, Structure, Meaning: Describing Language
- Assessing Second Language Learners
- Course Design and Academic Management
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 215 other Masters in Linguistics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You will normally have at least an upper second-class undergraduate UK honours degree (or international equivalent) in TESOL, Linguistics, English Language, English, Education or a related/compatible subject or combination of subjects.
- Candidates with a lower second-class degree or degrees from unrelated disciplines are however encouraged to apply and will be considered on their merits, as will people with non-traditional qualifications.
- Some teaching experience is desirable, but not essential, provided applicants can show evidence of sustained interest in TESOL.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.