Themes based on Sustainable Development Goals - such as good health and wellbeing, zero hunger, equality, ecological and cultural sustainability– are embedded throughout the programme.
The goal of the Master’s programme is to enable you to:
- Understand the significance of nutrition to human physiology and health
- Learn to analyse the physiological, psychological, social and cultural aspects that are linked to food choices of individuals and communities
- Recognise the diversity of food and nutritional issues and ways to influence them
Upon graduation, you are qualified to work in expert, teaching, research and managerial posts in the public sector, NGOs and companies, and as an independent entrepreneur.
Examples of positions available to graduates include:
- Expert in nutrition and food
- Product manager
- Product development manager, development manager
- Director of food services
- Researcher, special researcher
- Planning officer
- Senior inspector
- Teacher or lecturer at a university of applied sciences
- Growth entrepreneur
- Journalist, press officer, content provider
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced nutritional physiology
- Diet related molecular mechanisms of chronic diseases
- Experimental nutrition research
- Nutrition and society
- The Health promotion project work
- Nutritional epidemiology
- Nutrition and Food Services
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 7 other Masters in Human Medicine in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Eligibility to apply for a master's programme requires an applicable bachelor's degree or other equivalent qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.