In the International Business Law programme from University of Helsinki , you have the possibility to learn more about business-related subjects such as contract and consumer law, commercial law (including company law, securities markets law, competition law and intellectual property law) and commercial dispute resolution from an international point of view.
The programme comprises compulsory and optional studies, seminars and research work including a Master’s thesis.
In the International Business Law programme from University of Helsinki you will be able to:
- Increase and deepen your knowledge and understanding of business law, including contract law, company law, IP law, competition law and commercial dispute resolution
- Further develop your analytical, legal argumentation and communications skills
- Develop research skills and business law knowledge in order to continue your studies in a PhD programme
- Study in an international and multicultural environment with students and staff from all over the world
- Network with potential employers and other potential future colleagues in the field of international business law
Upon graduation, you will be an internationally oriented business law professional who is well-qualified for careers in legal practice (such as law firms and corporate legal departments) as well as legal academia. You will have diverse career opportunities both in Finland and abroad.
In general, the employment situation for lawyers – especially in the field of business law – is very good. In Finland, for example, law firms have started to recruit students who have completed the MDP in International Business Law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThere are six compulsory courses, 5 credits each:
- Contract Law
- Company & Securities Law
- Consumer Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Competition Law
- Intellectual Property Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Business Law International Business View 5 other Masters in International Law in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Helsinki and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You have completed or will complete by 31 August a first-cycle degree or a second-cycle degree (degrees from universities of applied sciences included) or a postgraduate degree in Finland or abroad.
- You have completed or will complete applicable studies required for the master’s programme by 15 January.
- You have sufficient proficiency in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.