The programme in Maritime Management from Novia University of Applied Sciences has a special focus on building an overall understanding of the maritime field. The studies include management in general, maritime management and for the maritime industry distinctive financial and logistical features. The target is to achieve state of the art competence and knowledge in the area of the programme.
The Master's degree programme in Maritime Management comprises 60 ECTS and the degree title is Master of Engineering or Master of Maritime Management, depending on your previous Bachelor's degree.
The programme has a special focus concerning the management and business administration in maritime operations. The studies include 6 courses of relevant subjects each of an extent of 5 credits.
Structure of Studies
The studies are arranged at site and online with lecture materials, as well as the assignments to be completed online. We meet on average two days a month and the lectures that take place on campus will be recorded.
Moving to Finland for the studies is not necessary. It is recommended but not mandatory for you during the studies to attend some sessions in person at campus. This can be a good opportunity to meet and network with your peers and thesis supervisor. Independently of this, it is mandatory to visit Finland to get the original version(s) of previous degree certificate(s) checked and to strengthen one’s personal identity when initiating the studies.
- Management Accounting and Maritime Business
- Financial management and maritime business
- Human resources management
- The Shipping Business
- Supply Chain Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You need a Bachelor degree certificate (undergraduate degree EQF 6, or equivalent document). Upon request, you must also submit a transcript of records (a record of completed courses and grades).
- If your Bachelor degree certificate is not issued in English, Swedish or Finnish you need an authorised translation of the document into English, Swedish or Finnish.
- You need at least two years (24 months) of work experience obtained after your Bachelor degree that can be verified by employment certificates issued by your employer.
- You need to have good English language skills. Your language skills will be tested in the entrance examination(s). A separate language test is not necessary in the application. In order to be successful in your studies, your English language skills should be at least level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.