How to reconstruct a city centre? What are the opportunities for the management of migration flows and how to prevent discrimination and promote interaction and cohesion in culturally diverse societies?
In our globalised and complex network society these urgent questions need to be answered. In order to do this, experts who demonstrate analytical skills, connective leadership, entrepreneurial attitudes and a strong ethical compass to achieve innovative solutions for societal problems are needed. The master track in Public Administration at Erasmus University Rotterdam focuses on the research, analysis and management of societal issues.
Migration and diversity are key factors in some of the most fundamental transformations of society today. These transformations do not merely involve migrants. Moreover, they have an impact on society at large. Migration and diversity have become highly politicised issues that play an important role in contemporary politics in many countries. These issues influence many different aspects of society, such as education, housing, labour and international relations.
The Governance of Migration and Diversity master programme is part of the LDE (Leiden - Delft - Erasmus) GMD collaboration and consists of four tracks:
- GMD Sociology track, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- GMD Public Administration track, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- GMD History track, Leiden University
- GMD Development studies, Erasmus University Rotterdam (International Institute of Social Studies)
Why choose this master programme?
- Knowledge which will help you to address governance issues related to migration and diversity from a multidisciplinary perspective;
- A unique interdisciplinary programme, with courses taught by leading scholars from three universities and five academic disciplines;
- A focus on policies, politics and governance at an international, national and local level;
- Education which has a direct link to contemporary issues. Students are trained to contribute to the governance of migration and diversity.
- Top level education. The Public Administration programme at Erasmus University is ranked number 2 in the Shanghai Ranking
After the completion of this specialisation you will be able to identify and analyse social issues related to migration and diversity. Furthermore, you are able to provide advice on these problems.
During this master Governance of Migration and Diversity course at Erasmus University Rotterdam you will:
- Develop a multidisciplinary understanding of migration and diversity from various perspectives, including history, development studies, sociology, public administration and urbanism;
- Acquire a methodological understanding in order to study migration and diversity;
- Learn to better understand the governance implications of migration and diversity at the local (urban), regional, national as well as European and international level;
- Obtain professional skills in terms of designing strategies for the management of migration and diversity at the policy level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Migration & Development
- History of Migration and Diversity
- Sociology of Migration & Diversity
- Social Inequality in the City
- Politics of Migration & Diversity
- Governance of Migration and Diversity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSociology Public Administration International Development View 26 other Masters in International Development in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For information on the specific tracks, such as admission criteria, please consult the track-websites.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- €12400 (Institutional fee: Dutch / EEA students)
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
For the applicants of the various degree programmes of Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Erasmus University Rotterdam the following funding possibilities are available:
- Holland Scholarship for excellent non-EEA applicants
- L-EARN for impact Scholarship
- Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.