This Language Science with a Specialisation in Portuguese specialisation at Stockholm University provides a comprehensive two-year course of study in Portuguese Linguistics.
- As well as training in the Portuguese language you will also study topics in Portuguese linguistics within the profile area of the Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin America Studies: Pragmatics, Discourse analysis, Interaction analysis, Second Language Acquisition, Syntax and Language change.
- The programme ends with a 30-credit degree project where, with the assistance of a supervisor, you design and conduct a scientific investigation within the area of Portuguese linguistics.
- Language in Use
- Scientific Methods and Research Ethics
- Romance Languages’ Development from Latin
- Portuguese, Sociolinguistics
- Language Contact, Multilingualism and Minorities in the Romance-Speaking World
- Second Language Acquisition: Romance Languages
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 24 other Masters in Linguistics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Stockholm University and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Degree of 180 ECTS credits or equivalent in Portuguese, including an individual degree project in Portuguese.
- Swedish Upper Secondary School Course English 6/English B or equivalent.
International10564 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21129 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 57500 SEK. The complete programme: 230000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.