Our Leicester School of Pharmacy has an established reputation of more than 100 years of pharmacy teaching. This Pharmaceutical Quality by Design MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert programme from De Montfort University is dedicated to applying international regulatory guidelines used by all big pharmaceutical industries to pharmaceutical manufacture and product development.
Our teaching staff are experienced practitioners and researchers, and offer academic and industrial expertise underpinned by Quality by Design principles. You will learn about the challenges faced by the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries in product formulation, material science, advanced analytical sciences, and process engineering and control, as they strive to develop new products and create safe medicines.
Your learning will benefit from our strong industry links, with support from guest lecturers and other experts within the sector. This insight ensures that your studies will be up to date with current practice and developments, preparing you to progress into a wide range of careers, from product development and manufacturing to regulatory affairs, marketing, and clinical research.
Extensive investment in our industry-standard laboratories means that you will have access to specialist equipment throughout your studies. This includes a continuous manufacture platform using a novel in-line based on UV-Vis spectroscopy, powder flow and compression technology, thermal and mechanical analysers, freeze drying and tablet manufacturing facilities.
This course equips graduates with the relevant knowledge and skills to compete for jobs in pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors linked to industry or academia all over the world. There are career opportunities in areas such as product development, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, marketing and clinical research, and jobs include:
- Product Lifecycle Manager
- Oral Solid Dose (OSD) Technologist
- OSD Industrialisation Lead
- Production Technologist
- Senior analyst
- Regulatory affairs associate performance manager
- Senior device technologist
- Product development scientist
- Quality by Design
- Product Design: Pre-formulation and Formulation
- Analytical Techniques in Materials Science
- Process Design and Manufacturing
- Advances in Drug Delivery
- Process Analytical Technology and Chemometrics
- Experimental Design and Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- PgCert: 60 credits
- PgDip: 120 credits
- MSc: 180 credits
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Health Sciences View 175 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree (minimum 2:2 or equivalent) in a chemical, biological or physical science, including (though not exclusive to) chemistry, biology, chemical engineering, engineering, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, or physics (or equivalent)
- Alternatively, we will accept a portfolio of professional and/or academic qualifications of equivalent standing to an honours degree.
- Download and complete the international application form.
- A copy of your qualifications.
- A copy of your English language certificate.
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application.
- A copy of your passport.
- Two references.
International15100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6875 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU: £15,100
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.