This Sport Management MSc programme from De Montfort University is ideal for individuals with a degree in sport (science, psychology and other sports disciplines), event management, marketing, media, business or humanities who wish to have a career in the sports industry.
You will explore a range of different sports and develop a critical perspective on contemporary themes such as ethical considerations, heritage and sport’s political, social, economic and cultural contexts. Areas of management that you will examine include marketing, leadership, governance and event organisation.
- The sport industry is dynamic and fast-moving, with a variety of exciting career opportunities. Through guest speakers, site visits and industry experience, you will discover the broad range of roles that are available and position yourself to pursue your chosen path. The course has employability skills specific to the sport industry embedded into the curriculum, alongside opportunities to gain hands-on experience with sport organisations and businesses.
- Graduates will be ideally placed to work within governing bodies, federations, clubs, sponsors, marketing organisations, the media, public relations, local and central government, or legacy and heritage organisations.
- Alex Marlow graduated in 2019 and landed a communications role based at Manchester’s Etihad Stadium. During his studies he worked at Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club, Leicester Riders and British Swimming to gain insight into different sports businesses. He said: “I wanted to stand out so when I did my Master’s I wanted to make sure I got as much experience of different sports as possible. I was able to talk about the work I had done during my Master’s at the interview.”
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mega-Event: Global Sport in Perspective
- Ethics in Sport Management and Governance
- Sports Heritage and Legacy Management
- Sport Fieldwork Experience
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management Sports Sciences View 156 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
- You should have the equivalent of a 2.2 or above UK Bachelor’s Honours degree in a relevant subject such as business, marketing, media, event management, sport (any discipline: management, coaching, science) or humanities
- If you have other professional qualifications and industry experience we will consider your application on an individual basis
- Non-standard applicants will be invited to attend an interview
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £14,600
- UK Part-time: £695 per 15 credits
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.