The mission of the Music Industry Administration program at California State University Northridge is to prepare students for professional growth by integrating up-to-date knowledge of the music industry’s varied facets with the students’ own career-related experiences. The program emphasizes analytical thinking, clear written and oral communication skills, the practice of ethical decision making and a global perspective. A spirit of collegiality among the students, faculty and members of the Hollywood/Los Angeles Music Industry community is fostered through social and professional interactions.
Designed to be accessible to the fully employed student and the midcareer professional, the average course load for the major is 6 units per semester. With few exceptions, graduate courses are typically scheduled on nights and weekends. Program curriculum is drawn from the Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication and the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics, and it is administered as a self-supported program by The Tseng College of Extended Learning.
Student Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of all requirements for the Master of Arts in Music Industry Administration, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge and identification of facts, terms, concepts, principles and theories within the music industry.
- Identify the purpose, importance and critical function of copyright within the music industry.
- Demonstrate professional competence and intellectual rigor in the execution of business practices and procedures common to the music industry.
- Develop interpersonal skills and leadership qualities necessary for effectiveness in mixed artistic and nonartistic team-based business environments.
- Develop interdisciplinary skills and entrepreneurial qualities necessary for career effectiveness within an evolving global music industry.
- Recognize the importance of remaining both inquisitive and adaptable as the music industry continues to evolve.
- Demonstrate the principles of exceptional character and assess the advantages, to both the individual and music industry alike, of incorporating them into one’s personality.
- Financial and Managerial Accounting in Industry
- Entertainment Business Law
- Behavior in Organizations
- Marketing Management
- Music Industry Developments
- Music Industry Research, Data and Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Music View 1075 other Masters in Music in United States
- 3.0 with no additional needs
- 2.76-2.99 plus 5 years of relevant/applicable experience
- 2.50-2.75 plus 10 years of relevant/applicable experience
- Have a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended.
- Complete the “International Online Application”
- A $55.00 (US currency) non-refundable application fee
- All secondary-school records
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are also required to have the U.S.institution(s) send official transcript(s) directly to CSUN
- Submit a copy of your passport information page with your documents
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Cumulative GPA: 3.0 with no additional needs, or, 2.76-2.99 plus 5 years of relevant/applicable experience, or 2.50-2.75 plus 10 years of relevant/applicable experience
- English Proficiency Requirements for International Applicants
International14042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14042 USD per year during 12 months.
National14042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14042 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8498 USD per year during 12 months.
Yearly tuition fee for seven or more units per semester.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.