During the MA/MFA Performance Practice as Research you might expect to:
- Participate in workshops and seminars to investigate the relationship between the concepts and materials of performance
- Analyse making, performing and spectatorship as interrelated activities
- Engage and apply critical contexts and concepts
- Explore different strategies and methods for conducting research and disseminating the findings, leading towards a conference presentation
- Undertake laboratory exploration of performance practice as a way of testing ideas
- Develop work towards a public presentation at Central’s Brink Festival
- Undertake a Sustained Independent Project (SIP) culminating in a dissertation or a portfolio documenting practice-based research.
- Taught courses for performance innovators who wish to investigate and interrogate concepts and practices within contemporary performance
- Designed for the ‘auteur’, the individual practitioner/researcher
- For those working across disciplinary boundaries
More informationVisit official programme website
For more information please visit the program website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no formal closing date for direct applications
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 174 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a short (500 words) account of an aspect of performance which you would like to explore in greater depth. Your account should state why this aspect interests you and how it relates to broader issues or practices in contemporary performance;
- a brief response (no longer than three minutes) to the interview image by way of notes/sketches/physical enactment, as if this was the beginning of a production/development process.
International14630 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14630 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5133 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5133 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.