On the MA Music Theatre at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, we see performers as creators, and regularly produce new works with professional composers, writers, directors and choreographers.
- Acting, singing and movement is at the core, but the course also provides opportunities to compose, choreograph, write for the stage and work as an actor-musician;
- Experience many genres and styles from musicals to music theatre, devised theatre and opera in public productions, emphasising new writing;
- Alumni successes internationally include West End shows, opera, television, film, live action animation, video-games, theatre, musicals, stand-up comedy, writing, composing and directing.
- classes and workshops
- external, established specialist professionals
- flexibility and sustainability
- collaborative teamwork is the model
- research is embedded
- world theatre
- stage performance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no formal closing date for direct applications to Central, but you are strongly advised to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesMusic Theatre & Dance Fine Arts View 267 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Music Theatre, MA students come from many and diverse backgrounds and disciplines. Combined skills far exceed the traditional areas of acting, singing and movement which, however, remain fundamental. Diversity is regarded as a core ability, not only to enter the course, but also to survive the marketplace afterwards. The course encourages no division between creators and performers, establishing collaboration as the central ethic of performance.
- You should normally have an undergraduate degree in a relevant field, (drama, theatre or performance studies), though applications from students of other disciplines will be considered, as will candidates who do not have a degree but do possess significant prior experience. Experience as a performer is essential. Entry is by audition; we look for potential and sustainable employability after the course.
International27500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National22750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.