On the MA Music Theatre at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, we see performers as creators, and regularly produce new works with professional composers, writers, directors and choreographers.
- Encourages and develops a wide range of skills, with acting, singing and movement at the core, across many genres and styles
- Experience a diversity of music theatre forms in public productions, from conventional Broadway and West End repertoire to new writing and opera
- Alumni successes internationally include opera, television, film, live action animation, video-games, theatre, musicals, stand-up comedy and actor-musicianship.
Our approachAn established team of specialist lecturers and professional artists deliver classes and workshops. Our work is multidisciplinary: flexibility and sustainability are at its centre, and collaborative teamwork is the model. Research is embedded, reflecting the specific methodologies required by performers at a professional level.
More informationVisit official programme website
For more information please visit the program website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no formal closing date for direct applications
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 173 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A written document of approximately 600 words, to evaluate and contextualise music theatre and/or musical theatre and its potential, from the point of view of your own experience and imagination
- Two songs and two monologues which may be taken from any genre or style, or be original, to be performed from memory. Songs should be presented with a piano score. An extra copy of the songs should be brought for the accompanist (be sure that any relevant material is properly presented for the accompanist to turn pages and read), and copies of the monologues. You will be asked to perform some but probably not all of the material you prepare.
International20173 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20173 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA15737 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15737 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.