The process of globalisation is central to an understanding of the contemporary world. The nature of this process and its implications for international development are hotly debated and you’ll tackle key questions including:
- Is globalisation leading to increasing international inequality and poverty, or does the expansion of international trade in goods and services provide new opportunities for developing countries?
- How can we make sense of emergent trends such as fair trade, social entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility and sustainable consumption?
- Does globalisation call for a radical overhaul of existing international, national and local institutions?
- And why is it so difficult to solve global environmental problems such as climate change?
You’ll also consider the counter-tendencies and resistance to globalisation and how these are played out in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The MA in Globalisation, Business and Sustainable Development at the University of East Anglia will provide you with the tools to critically analyse the process of globalisation and its impact on international development.
A career in international development can take you in all kinds of directions such as international organisations, governmental and non-governmental organisations, local governments, private sector and PhD programmes.
Previous graduates have gone on to work for the British High Commission in Ghana, UNITAR in Japan, the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, and PhD studies in related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Globalisation, Business and Development
- Ma in Globalisation Business and Sustainable Development Exam
- Perspectives on Globalisation
- Development Work Placement
- Development Perspectives
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sustainable Development View 834 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Degree Subject Social Science
- Degree Classification 2.1 or equivalent
- Applicants should normally have a good undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution. The University will also take into account the employment experience of applicants where relevant.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.