The greatest strength of this course is the way it combines the theory and practice of both cultural heritage and museum-based collections. You’ll be invited to think about museums and cultural heritage from a global perspective, whilst drawing on the wealth of nationally-recognised institutions across the East Anglian region.
You’ll benefit from studying within the multi-disciplinary department of Art History and World Art Studies, learning from academic staff who approach museum studies and cultural heritage from a range of outlooks, including art historical, archaeological, and anthropological perspectives.
You’ll also have the chance to build your professional skills with the compulsory Museum and Heritage Practice module. This comprises a work-based placement and a series of sessions that include presentations by senior industry experts.
The Cultural Heritage and Museum Studies programme from the University of East Anglia will prepare you for a variety of careers in the museum and heritage sectors. Alternatively, you can use it to launch yourself into advanced research into the rapidly advancing fields of museum studies and cultural heritage.
- Curator / assistant curator
- Collections and research manager
- Conservation manager / assistant
- Education and outreach manager / assistant
- Media manager / assistant
- Property / site manager
- Critical Perspectives in Museums and Heritage
- Interpretation and Participation in Museums and Heritage
- Museum and Heritage Practice
- World Heritage: Problems and Prospects
- Cultural Heritage and Archiving in the Digital Age
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Museum Studies View 597 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- Degree Subject Humanities or Social Sciences
- Degree Classification UK BA (Hons) 2.1 or equivalent
- Interviews are required for students applying to the MA in Cultural Heritage and Museum Studies. If you are living overseas, these may be undertaken by telephone at a mutually convenient time. Please note that applicants who have not yet met the English Language requirement will still be expected to conduct an interview in English.
International17100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.