Improvement of the properties of materials is one of the cornerstones of the modern world, leading to new, better products and equipment that are stronger, more sustainable and more efficient.
At Kaunas University of Technology , the students of Medical Physics programme receive profound knowledge within physics and materials science and acquire research skills and in-depth theoretical and experimental knowledge of materials composition and improvement of their characteristics. This, together with the mastery of methodology and technique for technological measurements of materials, makes them proficient in processing and analysing experimental results.
These studies combine fundamental and engineering competencies, with a strong focus on practical skills and the application of high technologies (micro- and nanotechnologies)
A unique to Lithuania MA+ study model allows students either to aim for excellence in a chosen speciality field or to strengthen their interdisciplinary competencies by choosing different elective study paths
- Use the latest advances and theories in materials science and technology.
- Apply modern surface engineering, micro- and nanotechnology methods and tools.
- To form micro- and nanostructures and to use and develop devices.
- To evaluate the existing knowledge of the theory of physics, to integrate it in planning, organizing and conducting practical research and experiments.
- To prepare the methodology of research work in solving scientific problems.
- Make technological solutions and solve atypical problems.
- To define, analyze and solve the problems of materials science development, research, technological processes and environmental protection.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Influence of Radiation on Material
- Nanotechnologies in Power Engineering of Alternative Fuel
- Physics of Magnetic Phenomena
- Plasma Technologies and Analysis Methods
- Research Project
- Applied Optics and Photonics
- Clean Room Technologies
- Computational Materials Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Physics Medical Imaging View 5 other Masters in Physics in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kaunas University of Technology and/or in Lithuania, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in physics, biomedicine with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%),
- motivation (skype interview),
- proficiency in English: IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, IESOL C1, GRE or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.