The Ecotoxicology programme of University of Koblenz and Landau integrates concepts of Environmental Chemistry, Toxicology and Ecology and includes Social Sciences and Economics as well. Due to its interdisciplinary and applied approach, the Program enables its graduates to analyze complex problems and to develop practical solutions.
As environmental problems reach far beyond national borders, an international approach is necessary and the situation in developing countries needs special solutions.
The Master in Ecotoxicology is organized by the Institute for Environmental Sciences Landau and its graduates receive the full credits for the nine required topics of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry’s Certification of Environmental Risk Assessors (CRA) program.
The Program enables the graduates to conduct independent scientific work and prepares in particular for independent and leading positions in the numerous emerging fields of Ecotoxicology. The graduates are able to take responsibility in a professional manner in: Scientific facilities and research institutes, Authorities, public offices and ministries with a regulatory role, Non-governmental organizations, Industry and consulting enterprises. The international orientation of the program qualifies graduates for a global job market. In addition, the Master program prepares for a PhD study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fate and Transport of Pollutants
- Principles of Ecotoxicology
- Tools for Complex Data Analysis
- Lab Course Environmental Chemistry
- Toxicology and Pharmacology
- Methods in Ecotoxicology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students with a bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, natural sciences or geo sciences can apply for the master´s program. They should have a strong interest in interdisciplinary application-oriented scientific work.
- A basic academic knowledge in the fields of ecology, environmental chemistry, geographic information systems and mathematics/statistics is required. Previous knowledge may also be complemented in preparatory courses.
- The Program is conducted in English. Therefore good active and passive English language skills are essential.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Landau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.