The curriculum of KTU MSc Mechanical Engineering study programme integrates the latest scientific achievements and theoretical principles of mechanics, providing knowledge and skills essential for top-level professionals.
During your studies, the KTU’s upgraded labs of Measurements Actuators, Robotics, Biomechatronics, Dynamics, Piezomechanics, Holography and Optical Measurements, 3D Prototyping, Materials Static Testing will be open for your research. The University’s close links with industry companies, such as Festo, Hi-Steel, Mars Lietuva, Baltec CNC Technologies guarantees up-to-date knowledge of market needs.
Whatever career path you choose, Mechanical Engineering master’s degree from KTU will testify the creative thinking skills that will help you create innovative products and systems. If you wish so, after your studies you can turn to research or take a leadership career path in manufacturing companies around the globe.
The programme equips you with competencies in:
- Development of products of mechanical nature: you will be able to evaluate, model, simulate develop and optimise mechanical systems
- Carrying out research: you will thrive solving ambiguous problems, summarising and integrating knowledge and information from mechanical engineering and other fields
- Management: you will inspire and lead teams of different professionals, planning and managing their activities to achieve great results
What will you study?
- Systems: analytical models, analysis, design, production technology
- Engineering: tribology, robotics, methodology, vibrations, strength and reliability of structures
- Design: mechanical systems, subsystems of mechanical nature, integral engineering systems
- Control: installation, solutions, legal aspects, commerce
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basics of Scientific Research
- Experimental Mechanics
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Design and Production of Composite Structures
- Engineering Projects Management
- Microelectromechanical Systems Design
- Product Development
- Quality Management
- Systems Monitoring and Diagnostics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 25 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- a university Bachelor’s degree(min. length – 180 ECTS) in mechanical engineering with a good average grade (min. CGPA>60%)
- motivation (skype interview)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Partial tuition fee waivers (up to 50%) are available for all the students, depending on their chosen study programme and their admission score.
- EU nationals and global citizens of Lithuanian origin can study in the state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who are falling into one of the aforementioned categories, participate in the general admission’s competition for master’s studies and get the chance to study for free depending on their admission score.
- All prospective students automatically become candidates to receive the International Student Scholarship which is assigned for the first year Bachelor or Masters students with strong academic record and motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.