You will develop a critical understanding of how technology is impacting on sport in particular the growing sport digital and media sectors. Sport is embracing digital technologies to improve performance and business practice.
The sports media provide valuable content and audiences for broadcasters, companies and sponsors. Thus understanding the importance of how technology, particularly new digital and media technologies is shaping the business of sport is essential for future sport business professionals and entrepreneurs.
New technological applications in the business of sport requires graduates with new knowledge and skills to navigate the new sporting environment.
a) Use action based learning to develop insight into the potential of new media technologies and their influence on innovation in the sports digital and media industries
b) Develop the critical analysis skills required to evaluate and reflect on the innovation process and the behaviours required to manage innovation in the sports digital and media industry
c) Develop a critical understanding of the dynamics of the sport digital and media sector
d) Develop a critical understanding of the mobile internet and cloud technology with a special emphasis on media cloud applications shifting to mobile Internet platform and its associated challenges for sport
To complete the MSc Sport Digital and Media Technologies at Loughborough University London, students must complete 8 x 15 credit modules. Students must choose and complete any 1 optional from the 2 optional modules in the first semester and any 1 from the 2 optional modules in the second semester. All students must complete a Dissertation worth 60 credits.
Career prospectsThis programme will provide you with knowledge of the technologies driving sport digital and media development, and other related activities. You will have the opportunity ti develop networking skills and will work in collaboration with others in order to compete in today's global sport business environment.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Collaborative Project
- Advanced 3D User Environments
- Introduction to Mobile Internet and Media Clouds
- Media Audiences, Users and Markets
- Digital Technologies and Sport: Evolution and Application
- New Media and Analytics for Sport Business
Choose two modules only
- Sports Markets and Industries
- Sports Management Theory and Practice
- Sustainability and Leadership for Sport Organisations
- Analysing the Construction of Leadership for a Sport Context
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Sports Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 263 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- Minimum of an upper Second Class Honours degree (2:1) or equivalent from a wide range of subjects/disciplines. In exceptional circumstances an applicant may be admitted to the degree who does not possess the requirements mentioned, but who has substantial relevant work experience.
- English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking) or equivalent
International22650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22650 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
East London community scholarship
Award value: Up to 100% off the full cost of your tuition fees
The East London Community Scholarship offers up to 100% off the full cost of tuition fees for students who obtained GCSE or A-level (or equivalent) qualifications from The East London Growth Boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Greenwich, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
Applicants should complete a one page submission outlining their personal contributions to their local community.
Application deadline: 31st July
Award value: 20% off the full cost of your tuition fees
The Academic Excellence Scholarship awards high achieving UK, EU and international students 20% off the full cost of their tuition fees. Any student holding a high 2:1 or first class degree (or equivalent) from a recognised, high quality institution will receive this scholarship.
Santander postgraduate UK/EU scholarship
Loughborough University is pleased to offer up to six scholarships to the value of £5,000 set against tuition fees for prospective full-time postgraduate taught students funded by theSantander Universities scheme.
Students are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent resident of Belgium, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Spain or the UK and self-funded,
- Excellent academic record,
- Clearly demonstrate financial need,
- The selection committee will also take in to account the personal statement provided on the application form.
Application Deadline: 20th July
Applicants must have submitted an official application for their chosen postgraduate programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.