Master the analytical framework and essential project management tools for budgeting, procuring, scoping, modeling, measuring, and reporting.
The Project Management program at The University of Winnipeg prepares students to write the Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate Project Management (CAPM) designation examinations.
- Create and execute project work plans, define project scope and deliverables, determine project resources and staffing requirements, set project milestones, develop budget proposals, and successfully close a variety of projects.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the procurement life cycle including contract (tort) laws, potential legal issues, the step-by-step methodology for developing and managing procurement specifications, documents and contracts, and best practices for the vendor selection process.
- Create a project management communication plan that builds effective stakeholder and project team communication, and gain familiarity with a variety of project reporting tools and communication templates for communication purposes throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage change in project scope, create comprehensive risk profiles, and identify and develop mitigation and avoidance strategies that protect against a variety of liabilities and damage to organizational business interests.
- Foster a dynamic team environment built on collaborative relationships, clearly define group roles and responsibilities of the project team, and constructively and proactively manage conflict in order to avoid potential harm to the project and/or project team.
- Utilize project management technologies and analytics to streamline and ease process.
- Will help prepare students to write the Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate Project Management (CAPM) designation examinations.
- Project Manager
- Events Coordinator
- Events Manager
- Cost Analyst
- Procurement Coordinator
- Business Analyst
- Project Coordinator
- Support Officer
- Risk Analyst
Upon completion of this program students will earn two valuable educational credentials: Project Management Diploma and Management Certificate.
Students graduating from the Management Certificate may apply for the Certified in Management designation (CIM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Agile Project Management
- Business Analysis Fundamentals
- Business Fundamentals
- Case Analysis for Project Managers
- Cultural Dimensions & Environmental Influences
- Effective Oral Communication
- Effective Project Communication & Stakeholder Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies Master in Management (MIM) View 16 other Masters in Master in Management (MIM) in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Winnipeg - Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students applying to The University of Winnipeg PACE during the COVID-19 pandemic may use the Duolingo English Test with a minimum score of 120 with a minimum Production score of 100.
- International students are required to hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree
- The Cumulative GPA, or Final Percentage, on these transcripts will be assessed for eligibility.
Project Management Diploma applicants must have a minimum of three years of professional work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19415 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19415 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National12700 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12700 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students attending programs at PACE are eligible for many funding possibilities such as bursaries, scholarships, government student aid, lines of credit, and sponsorship.Financial Aid is administered by the Awards and Financial Aid Office, which supports the access and excellence mandate of The University of Winnipeg through a comprehensive program of scholarships, awards, prizes and bursaries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.