The MSc in Arts and Cultural Management offered by Burgundy School of Business consists of:
- 1 Field trip in a European capital city: study visits and conferences, with cultural policy makers and practitioners
- The organization of a cultural event or the development of a cultural project (cultural project engineering)
- The development and the presentation of a « cultural diary » by student
- Entrepreneurship in cultural and creative industries
The cultural industries are one of the biggest employers in the world Cultural and creative industries provide 29.5 million jobs worldwide . (Source: EY, 2015 –study commissioned by CISAC & UNESCO)
The master prepares students for middle and managerial positions in the fields of performing arts (theatre, dance, music, etc.), cultural heritage (cultural heritage sites, museums, galleries, etc), NGOs in the cultural and creative sector, cultural tourism, cultural and creative industries (media, press, films, music industry, etc.).
The students will be able to work as event and project managers in the cultural sector, administration managers and assistants for cultural and creative organizations, in community development, in communication, fundraising and development. Special focus will be put on assisting the students in developing their entrepreneurial project.
Special focus on:
- Cultural entrepreneurship
- Arts marketing
- Digitization & creative industries
- Cultural project engineering (hands-on experience in the organization of a cultural event or project)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
More informationGo to the official programme website
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts Management, Organisation & Leadership View 22 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in France
- A non-French Bachelor’s Degree in any major.
- French candidates must have completed a French Master 1 to apply. Application is also possible for French students holding a bachelor degree only if they have a relevant working experience (minimum 3 years).
- Candidates should demonstrate a personal interest/ experience in one of several arts or creative fields and or have a professional project in the sector.
- English language certificate (for non-native speakers): IELTS (6.0) or equivalent
French candidates must have completed a French Master 1 to apply. Application is also possible for French students holding a bachelor degree only if they have a relevant working experience (minimum 3 years).
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Check the official programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.