The special objectives of the International Relations and European Studies (Distance Learning) program from University of Nicosia are to:
- Assimilate basic concepts in the fields of International Relations and European Studies (i.e. international system, international cooperation, international organisation, regional integration, international and ethnic conflict, international security etc). This is an important prerequisite for developing an in-depth approach to complex issues such as the European Integration process, political, economic and social dimension of interstate relations, civil, international and regional conflicts, terrorism, energy dependence and energy security etc. The program pays special attention on issues related with the Republic of Cyprus and its EU membership, as well as Cyprus’ geographic position in the East Mediterranean and the greater Middle East.
- Provide the necessary knowledge in relation to the rich theoretical and research tradition pertaining to a series of fields, such as theory of international relations, European and regional integration, international political economy, international security, asymmetric threats, conflict management and conflict resolution etc.
- Provide the students with a broad understanding of the political, social and economic evolution of the international system in the 20th and 21st centuries as well as the new evolving international and regional environment. The role of law, diplomacy, private and non-governmental agents in the international system will form a vital part of this understanding. Moreover, the relative political and economic power of states, the role of international organizations such as the United Nations, and the existence of conflict will provide major foci for the program as a whole.
The program applies to to individuals who intend to work in fields relevant with international affairs (e.g. in the public sector, especially in services under Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Defence or Commerce, in multinational firms, in international organisations such as the UN and the EU, in academic institutions and research centres, in non-governmental organisations etc).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Relations
- Modern European History and Politics
- International Political Economy
- European Integration
- Research Methodology
- Terrorism in the New Millennium
- International Security and Energy Resources
- EU Energy Policy and Security Implications
- Asymmetric Threats
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies Political Science View 3 other Masters in International Relations in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum general requirement for admission to the post-graduate degree programme is a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university.
- A CV of the prospective student.
- Τwo recommendation letters.
- A personal statement by the prospective student expressing his/her interest in following the program.
- Proficient knowledge of English (see below)
- Knowledge of more than one foreign language will be considered an advantage.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.