The International Relations and European Studies (Distance Learning) programme offered by the University of Nicosia aims to develop the level of knowledge and skills of post-graduate students in the relevant domains.
Special Objectives of the Program
The special objectives of the program are to:
- Assimilate basic concepts in the fields of International Relations and European Studies (i.e. international system, international cooperation, international organisation, regional integration, international and ethnic conflict, international security etc). This is an important prerequisite for developing an in-depth approach to complex issues such as the European Integration process, political, economic and social dimension of interstate relations, civil, international and regional conflicts, terrorism, energy dependence and energy security etc. The program pays special attention on issues related with the Republic of Cyprus and its EU membership, as well as Cyprus’ geographic position in the East Mediterranean and the greater Middle East.
- Provide the necessary knowledge in relation to the rich theoretical and research tradition pertaining to a series of fields, such as theory of international relations, European and regional integration, international political economy, international security, asymmetric threats, conflict management and conflict resolution etc. The program is structured in a way that allows students to specialise in the areas of their special interest, after having acquired the basic foundations of theory and methodical research, and basic knowledge in the fields of International Relations and European Studies.
- Provide the students with a broad understanding of the political, social and economic evolution of the international system in the 20th and 21st centuries as well as the new evolving international and regional environment. The role of law, diplomacy, private and non-governmental agents in the international system will form a vital part of this understanding. Moreover, the relative political and economic power of states, the role of international organizations such as the United Nations, and the existence of conflict will provide major foci for the program as a whole.
The program applies to to individuals who intend to work in fields relevant with international affairs (e.g. in the public sector, especially in services under Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Defence or Commerce, in multinational firms, in international organisations such as the UN and the EU, in academic institutions and research centres, in non-governmental organisations etc).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theory of International Relations
- Modern European History and Politics
- International Political Economy
- European Integration
- Current European Issues
- The European Union and the World
- European Economics and Business
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies
- The minimum requirement for admission into a Masters degree programme is a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university. In addition to the minimum requirements, special admission requirements may apply for various departments.
- Please consult the website for an updated list of specific requirements. Further, students applying from selected countries may be required to have additional qualifications. The Office of Admissions will guide all applicants throughout the admission process.
International9240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13860 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA6300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!