This Online International Relations Master’s at dedicated to Nottingham Trent University Online has a truly international outlook, featuring a faculty of expert teachers from around the globe. As a result, you will be exposed to different perspectives, insights, and research approaches, giving you the aptitude and confidence to establish a relevant International Relations career anywhere in the world.
This online MA in International Relations helps you learn by doing. You will become accustomed to theoretical debates, ideas around global governance and the connections between political economy and international security.
The diverse set of contemporary theories and policies will prepare you for a wide variety of different careers in organisations such as government departments, international aid, and development agencies.
What you will learn during this course
- Examine the significance of international relations and evaluate theoretical frameworks, concepts and methodologies
- Develop a critical overview of key topics and debates in the field
- Effectively communicate complex ideas
- Gain in-depth knowledge of international policy
- Evaluate data and master advanced research methods
- Interact and exchange ideas with professionals from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate ethical insight into decision-making and problem-solving
Classes and teaching style
Nottingham Trent University is committed to offering highly relevant courses in a flexible online environment, tailored to fit around your lifestyle and career. The Online MA in International Relations course provides an engaging way to learn, with several different ways to interact with the curriculum, including:
- Video lectures
- Real-life case studies
- Interactive assignments
- Social interaction with a global student body
- Digital tools and resources
- Interactive academic support
The NTU Online MA in International Relations is a modular course, completed over the course of two and a half years. It consists of 12 modules worth ten credits each, plus a dissertation worth 60 credits (total of 180 credits).
Graduates from this course are highly employable in both public and private sectors due to their wide-ranging skills and competencies. After studying the course at NTU, you will be ideally placed to pursue a career in relevant government departments, charities, NGOs or international aid and development agencies.
In the private sector, businesses such as think-tank organisations and not-for-profits are increasingly looking for graduates with an understanding of international and global events and processes.
Other career opportunities with a Master’s in International Relations include:
- Intelligence specialist
- Political analyst
- Communication specialist
Start your journey today
Visit the Online Master of Arts in International Relations page on the Nottingham Trent University website for more details!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Relations Theory
- Methodologies in International Relations Research
- War and Peace in the Post-Arab Spring Middle East and North Africa
- Security, Radicalisation and Terrorism in Europe
- The New World War: Terrorism in the Era of Globalisation
- Security in the Post-Soviet Space
- Women and Global Movements
- The New World Order: Global Governance and International Institutions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 38 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (normally 2.2 or above).
- Applicants without such qualifications will be considered on an individual basis but will be required to demonstrate how their experiences and knowledge would enable them to study this course at Masters level in their Personal Statement.
- No references are normally required when applying for this course. However, two Letters of Recommendation will be required when an applicant's qualifications are below the 2.2 degree standard.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
National3600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP for the full programme during 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.