Public policy has an international orientation that is underlined by the central role of organisations such as the EU and the UN. This master programme endows you with theories, concepts and skills that you need to work effectively in an international environment. The knowledge we provide will enable you to contribute to finding solutions for global issues such as international conflict, poverty, migration, environmental protection and corruption. The programme forms a clear pathway to developing a career in public or private sector organisations. Erasmus University Rotterdam is an international top university in a vibrant city that is the gateway to Europe. Our faculty consists of top-notch scholars in the academic fields of public administration, political science, international relations, development studies, and European integration, who also regularly participate in policy debates.
The International Public Management and Policy programme at Erasmus University Rotterdam features:
- A multi-level focus, dealing with public management and public policy on the national, EU and international levels;
- A closely supervised individual research project;
- A study trip to international organisations in Geneva and European institutions in Brussels (facilitated by the programme, but only partly subsidized);
- Strong emphasis on professional development;
- The opportunity to interact with an international student group and academics with strong international reputations.
- An interdisciplinary nature, including knowledge from public administration, political science, international relations and political economy.
This programme is highly relevant for those who seek employment in the increasingly wide range of jobs that are associated with the internationalisation of public management and policy. This includes jobs at both the international and the national level, such as:
- International organisations;
- The EU;
- Government ministries and agencies;
- Local authorities;
- International NGOs;
- Multinational companies;
- Consultancy firms;
- Think tanks;
- Research institutes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative Public Policy
- European Union Policy-Making
- Global Governance
- Professional Development: Research Design
- Europe in the World
- International Public Management
- International Organisations and Development
- Final Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Administration Public Policy View 42 other Masters in Public Policy in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are eligible for admission to the programme if you have obtained a relevant Bachelor’s or undergraduate degree (comparable to the Dutch academic level according to the standards of the Dutch Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education (Nuffic)) from a research university in the following fields of studies:
- Public Administration;
- Political Science;
- European Studies;
- International Relations.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Sociology or other social sciences, as well as Law or History, are also eligible to apply if they are internationally oriented and have an affinity with the public sector.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15500 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
For the applicants of the various degree programmes of Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Erasmus University Rotterdam the following funding possibilities are available:
- Holland Scholarship for excellent non-EEA applicants
- L-EARN for impact Scholarship
- Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.