The MA in User Experience Design at Loughborough University aims to help you improve your effectiveness as a user centred designer within industry. The content of the User Experience Design programme enables you to develop your skills and competencies in both the creative and analytical aspects of user experience whilst working on a diverse range of projects.
Key skills that you will develop include user experience design principles and practice, qualitative and quantitative design research methods, interactive screen based prototyping, interaction design, usability testing, service and social design, team working and project management.
The School has a number of computer facilities available to students including a newly equipped laboratory with 40 Apple Mac terminals, with a wide range of design and UX software available.
Loughborough Design School is committed to helping you develop the skills and attributes you need to progress successfully in your chosen career.
Future career prospects
Possible careers include:
- user experience designer
- interaction designer
- user researcher
- usability specialist
- service designer
User centred design skills are valued by organisations beyond the design industry including management and information technology companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experience Design
- Usability: Principles and Practice
- Design Research Methods
- Design for Behaviour Change
- Group Project
- User Experience Design Major Project
- Service Design for Social Innovation
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Any applications or results submitted after this date will only be considered if there are still places on the programme or time to obtain a student visa.
DisciplinesDesign User Experience Design Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 172 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
- 1st or 2:1 honours degree in a relevant subject. Most applicants have a design background but we consider students from a range of disciplines relevant to user experience design, including psychology, computer science and business studies.
- All students from a design related background should provide a portfolio showing examples of relevant work. For those who are not able to provide a portfolio, it is important that their personal statement explains their interest in user experience design and any relevant experience.
International19100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.