Profile of the Programme
- To provide students with a strong professional foundation for developing practical teaching skills in relation to TESOL;
- To further students’ understanding of English language teaching.
- To provide students with a solid theoretical foundation and the necessary professional skills in TESOL;
- To equip the students with the linguistic knowledge, cultural understanding, and pedagogical training essential to the various aspects of TESOL;
- To provide theoretical and/or practical support for actual situations within the language classroom,
- To develop students’ skills in critical reading and ability to design a research project,
- To provide the theoretical and/or practical basis required for the study of a doctoral degree.
This is a TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages programme from University of Nicosia that opens many career opportunities. English is the language of global communication, and demand for TESOL professionals worldwide is greater than ever before. Our graduates can work for universities and other public and private schools, international corporations, governments, and in private practice locally and abroad. They can teach English to people of all ages and all walks of life, administering and designing ESOL courses and curricula, and developing new teaching methods. The MA TESOL is increasingly the degree of preference for employers both domestically and abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exploring Language for TESOL
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching Methods and Course Design
- Language Skills and Materials Development
- Research Methods in TESOL
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 4 other Masters in Linguistics in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum general requirement for admission to the post-graduate degree programme is a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university.
- All applicants for entrance in the MA TESOL programme offered by the Department should have at least a lower second class (2:2) Bachelor degree in English Language/ English Linguistics and/or English Literature from a recognised university.
- Teaching experience is not essential but preferred. Tutoring experience is helpful.
- Applicants with a lower grade or whose degree is on a related discipline will be considered on their own merits.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13860 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA6300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9450 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.