International Security from Sciences Po is divided into three academic semesters and one semester dedicated to a professional internship or an exchange study program at a partner university.
Students study Master core courses each addressing the major themes of the international security field, and the social sciences such as security, strategy, defence economics, war and crises, peace, development and diplomacy.
The International Security program is aimed at applicants with a career plan. Previous work experience related to the field of international security is not a requirement, but it is certainly valued in the selection process. The majority of our international security graduates work in national administrations and governments, international organisations, non-governmental organisations as well as in private security and risk analysis companies. The main sectors of employment include defence, intelligence, consulting, peace-keeping, conflict resolution and reconstruction.
- Defense and Security Economics
- Defence Industry : Governance and Relations with Governments
- Economics of Conflict
- Defense and Security Economy and Economic Development in Emerging Markets - Africa, Middle East
- Strategic Thinking
- American Military Power in the World Today
- Political Military Strategy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 42 other Masters in International Relations in France
- Professional experience (or at least one or several internships) is valued, preferably in the field of the programme.
- Official academic transcript(s)
- Language Test scores
- Two academic references
- Official proof (signed and stamped) from your university, providing your undergraduate cumulative grade average (and your graduate cumulative grade average if applicable).
- Articles or other texts which you have written or published (not mandatory)
- an undergraduate level degree (Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Sciences / licenciatura / licence) at the time of entry to Sciences Po or a minimum of 180 ECTS credits
International18260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18260 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA18260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18260 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.