The course is delivered through the five specialist pathways long associated with the School of Nursing & Midwifery, enabling students from differing professional backgrounds to review their own practice and share balanced and critical findings that contribute towards improving the quality and efficiency of health and social care provision on a global level.
We work closely with our local Healthcare providers to design bespoke clinical experiences for our Masters students. Each student will undertake 225 hours' clinical experience in a setting relevant to their studies to allow them to develop their ideas to completion. Students work within regional centres of excellence, and many develop contacts and friendships that continue throughout their careers.
This course will appeal to registered nurses and midwives working in a wide variety of areas who are thinking about their own career progression.
This Advanced Professional and Clinical Practice programme at Queen's University Belfast produces exceptional practitioners who have the skills necessary to promote and sustain innovative and emerging practice. Graduates of the programme go on to positions of leadership or research and teaching careers.
Students from different professional backgrounds come together on this programme and share expertise, review their own practice and share balanced and critical findings that contribute towards the improvement of the quality and efficiency of delivery of healthcare on a global scale.
Students on this programme undertake a practice placement with one of our internationally-recognised practice partners. Placements are carefully designed for each individual to optimise their experience and learning outcomes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- We recognise that students at this level are interested in career advancement. Therefore, we have developed a wide range of modules; students can choose six modules from these, some of which are specialist modules and require the student to be working in a relevant area of practice. All students must complete one of the compulsory modules and a dissertation.
- Students completing this pathway will consider leadership and strategic issues in the global delivery of healthcare. Graduates of the programme are able to demonstrate advanced practice in the context of emerging issues and clinical circumstances.
- Students completing this pathway will often come from a Midwifery or Children's Nursing background. Modules offered consider issues such as family-centred health and social care, or developments in childbirth.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences Midwifery View 247 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must have a professional qualification in Nursing or Midwifery. They shall normally hold a relevant 2.2 Honours degree or above, or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- Applicants with a 3rd Class Honours degree (or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University) will be considered on a case-by-case basis, if they can demonstrate appropriate experience with in-service training, acceptable to the School.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19100 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6980 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6980
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6980
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £8360
- EU Other - £19100
- International - £19100
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.