Why specialise in Environmental Management?
The Earth Sciences - Environmental Management programme of the University of Amsterdam is set up to equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to become this professional. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to combine your Master's track with the Science for Sustainability minor, which extends your horizon on sustainability issues.
Graduates of this track are well equipped to develop a successful career as an applied earth scientist. Such specialists are in high demand to tackle the challenges of climate change. They are relied upon to translate scientific process knowledge into management strategies, in order to lessen the effects of climate change for society.
Is Environmental Management for you?
It is, if you are interested in:
- deepening your knowledge and applying this knowledge for the benefit of society?
- solving complex environmental issues?
- practical training?
- studying in a personal and inspiring environment?
- Vulnerability Assessment of Geo-ecosystems
- Energy & Climate Change, Science, Policy and Economics
- Integrated Coastal Dune Management
- System Innovation and Transition Management
- Research Workshop & Skills Lab
- Science-based geo-ecological management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 28 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Netherlands
- A motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your Bachelor's transcript
- A copy of your Bachelor's diploma/certificate (or, if you have not yet finished your current academic programme, a list of courses of your final year)
- A description of your Bachelor thesis/project
International14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.