The Program can be commenced at any time of the year (regardless of the proximity of the next exam) and assumes no prior knowledge. Each student is paired with a personal GAMSAT tutor who mentors their path into medical school.
The overall aim of the program is to prepare students with a holistic, comprehensive and planned approach which provides them with their best chance of entering graduate medicine.
In order to be successful in entering medicine, candidates must demonstrate a high degree of motivation and a sustained commitment to learning while working closely with their GAMSAT tutor.
Therefore, the GAMSAT High Achiever Program is by qualification only and an application form must be completed in order to enrol in the Program.
The GAMSAT High Achiever Program at METC Institute is comprised of a portfolio of the most intense GAMSAT preparation courses that the METC Institute has to offer.
In addition, High Achiever students are provided with supplementary courses, resources, and services available exclusively in the Program.
In order to gain entry into graduate medicine, candidates will be expected to meet the following general objectives of the GAMSAT High Achiever Program:
- Develop a successful method for studying and preparing for the exam;
- Display superior and advanced knowledge and proficiency of common and uncommon GAMSAT topics in Humanities and Science;
- Display superior and advanced complex reasoning skills in Humanities and Science;
- Apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems;
- Be equipped with proven strategies to maximise scores and performance in GAMSAT;
- Demonstrate advanced essay writing skills;
- Formulate a structure for essays that enhances effectiveness of the written piece;
- Write in a manner that demonstrates fluency of language;
- Demonstrate higher level reasoning and interpretative skills for GAMSAT essay stimulus themes;
- Be able to formulate and write superior essays within limited timeframes;
- Display an intimate knowledge of interview selection criteria and assessment;
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of medical and non-medical ethics;
- Exhibit superior knowledge of common interview topics, and;
- Develop superior written and verbal communication skills.
- GAMSAT High Achiever Course (exclusive course)
- GAMSAT Essentials Course
- GAMSAT Foundations of GAMSAT Course
- GAMSAT Advanced Science Course
- GAMSAT Advanced Strategies Course
- GAMSAT Essay Writing Course
- GAMSAT Advanced Essay Course (exclusive course)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesChemistry Human Medicine Health Sciences View 416 other programmes in Human Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Due to the close working relationship, entry into the GAMSAT High Achiever Program is by application and qualification only. Potential candidates for the GAMSAT High Achiever Program are screened for suitability.
- The reputation of this course depends on the quality of its students and therefore, an assessment must be made of the candidate’s motivation and suitability for a career in medicine.
- In addition, the screening process is necessary as the time available for personal tutoring by members of our academic faculty is limited.
- Weighted GPA: Minimum 5.0
- Eligible Bonuses: Completion of Masters or PhD
- Standard & Quality of Personal/Reflective Essay
International2998 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5997 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
National2998 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5997 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.