The purpose of the GAMSAT Foundations course at METC Institute is to provide students with a good foundation and working knowledge of core topics in Sections 1, 2, and 3 of the GAMSAT exam.
It also focuses on complex reasoning and requires a detailed understanding of core principles taught throughout the course.
The faculty of the METC Institute recommends the Foundations of GAMSAT course to any student wishing to develop a solid platform for success in GAMSAT.
This includes students with a past science or allied health background as complex reasoning and GAMSAT-type knowledge are the key to success in this examination.
Program aimsThe Foundations of GAMSAT course provides essential core knowledge of GAMSAT topics. Students completing this course are expected to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in core GAMSAT topics in Humanities and Science;
- Apply analytical skills and also methods to the identification and resolution of problems;
- Show working understanding and also the technique of GAMSAT-typewritten communication frameworks
- Have a framework for additional study in other areas of GAMSAT and in other courses offered by the METC Institute including GAMSAT Advanced Science, GAMSAT Advanced Strategies and GAMSAT Intensive Essay Writing courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Humanities workshop
- Essay writing workshop
- Foundations of physiology workshop
- Foundations of physics workshop
- Foundations of organic chemistry workshop
- Foundations of physical chemistry workshop
Students aiming for all round performance in Section 1, 2, and 3 of GAMSAT
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry Biology View 148 other Masters in Biology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This GAMSAT course is pre-medical subject designed for students who wish to pursue a future career in medicine.
- All students should consult the ACER Information Booklet and the Graduate Australian Medical Schools Admissions Guide for specific information regarding eligibility requirements to specific University Medical Schools.
International897 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 897 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National897 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 897 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.