What does Theoretical Physics in Amsterdam have to offer me?Courses in the Physics and Astronomy - Theoretical Physics programme of the University of Amsterdam are conducted by researchers from the UvA Institute for Theoretical Physics, one of Europe's leading theoretical physics institutes. They specialise in quantum matter and complex systems; particle physics, cosmology and quantum gravity; and history of physics. The track offers you a broad spectrum of advanced courses on these and other current research topics. Its backbone is formed by training in quantum field theory, statistical physics and condensed matter theory. In addition, you can take elective physics and mathematics courses on topics such as:
- Computational methods
- Quantum optics
- Group theory
- General relativity
- Nonlinear dynamics and chaos
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Physics and Condensed Matter Theory
- Quantum field theory
- Quantum field theory extension
- General Relativity
- Mathematical Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 20 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in Netherlands
- The Master's programme Physics and Astronomy is open to: applicants with an academic Bachelor's degree in (Applied) Physics, Astronomy, or a comparable discipline and applicants with a UvA Bachelor's degree in Beta-gamma with a Physics major
- You have an overall grade point average (GPA) equivalent to at least: 3.0 (American system), 2.1 (a second class upper/division one degree in the British system), C (ECTS-system)
- English language proficiency
International15110 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15110 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.