In the International Business Law program at Central European University (CEU) , students gain a comparative perspective through interactive classes exploring present-day issues and hands-on experience in clinical courses with local start-up companies. They also have the opportunity to test their skills at the annual Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot competition in Vienna.
The graduates pursue a career in leading international and local law firms, as in-house counsels of international corporations, as well as work in the positions of university lecturers/professors, government officials, experts of regulatory bodies or banks and financing organizations. They are also employed as experts in the non-profit sector.
- Program approved and registered by the New York State Education Department
- Program registered as a non-degree post-graduate specialization program by the Hungarian Educational Authority (HEA)
Program accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ-Austria)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
In order to enable graduate students from all over the world to cope with increasingly interdisciplinary and cross-border legal challenges, the curriculum of the program rests on several building blocks rather than on a single specialization. These include dispute resolution (e.g., international commercial arbitration, conflict of laws), international business law (e.g., GATT & WTO, EU law or drafting and negotiating in the transnational context), regulation of business (e.g., capital market and securities regulation, consumer protection) and comparative business law (e.g., comparative national company, bankruptcy and secured transaction laws).
Select areas of study:
- Investment law Commercial arbitration and mediation
- Intellectual property and data protection law
- Corporate social responsibility
- Bankruptcy and secured transactions law
- Corporate governance, capital markets and securities regulation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Feb. 1: financial aid
- March 15: self-financing candidates requiring a study visa
- Aug. 16: self-financing candidates not requiring a study visa
DisciplinesInternational Law Business Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 5 other Masters in International Law in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application form: www.ceu.edu/apply
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Academic records
- Academic essay (for the capstone track) or research proposal (for the thesis track)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 EUR per year and a duration of 10 months.
EU/EEA13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 EUR per year and a duration of 10 months.
Generous scholarships are available to accepted students from any country.
In pursuit of its mission, CEU strives to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world, offering generous scholarships available to students from any country.
In 2018-2019, 82% of CEU students received financial aid, ranging from tuition awards to scholarships with stipends and housing. Learn more about how to fund your studies at www.ceu.edu/financialaid.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.