Stem cell therapies have a great potential for treating many degenerative diseases. The University of Southampton is a leader of innovative research into the use of stem cell medical treatments for:
- macular degeneration
- brain and spinal cord injuries
At the Stem Cells, Development and Regenerative Medicine MRes course offered by the University of Southampton you'll have access to superb facilities, including:
- fully equipped cell culture laboratories
- a suite of microscopy facilities
- molecular biology equipment
You'll take two 16-week research projects. As an MRes student you’ll spend more time on your projects and less on the taught part of the course.
As part of this course you'll:
- develop research skills in the biomedical sciences
- explore the core concepts behind statistical analysis and study design
- learn how to understand and critique published research papers
You'll also benefit directly from the work of our research group, the Centre for Human Development, Stem Cells and Regeneration.
This course is for proficient biological or biomedical science graduates. It is ideal to help you develop advanced lab-based research skills and specialist knowledge. You can use these to pursue a career in academia or industry, or continue your studies with a PhD.
With this degree you’ll be in a great position to continue your research at PhD level or move into a career in industry.
Areas you could go into include:
- bioscience research
- stem cell research
- regenerative medicine
- science journalism
- science policy
- Research Skills for Biomedical Science
- Stem Cells, Development & Regenerative Medicine
- Advanced Scientific Skills
- Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Health Sciences View 277 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- You'll need a 2:1 in biological or biomedical sciences, or a closely related subject.
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £23,000 + £5100 bench fees
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.