The broad purpose of this International Development (Poverty, Inequality and Development) By Distance Learning programme from the University of Birmingham is to give those working in the area of poverty reduction and development in developing and transitional countries, or those wishing to work in such areas, a firmer grounding in understanding poverty and inequality, promoting poverty reduction and analysing the performance of major poverty reducing programmes and policies.
The emphasis throughout will be on encouraging you to reflect critically on what has worked well or not and why. You will select three optional modules (at 20 credits each) based on your individual interests and career aspirations.
This International Development (Poverty, Inequality and Development) By Distance Learning programme offered at the University of Birmingham is most relevant for people who have worked in governments, non-governmental organisations (either international, regional, national or local) or on donor-funded projects, as well as for recent graduates wishing to work for such organizations, who have some experience of developing countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conflict and Development
- Development in Practice (Distance Learning)
- Disability and Development (Distance Learning)
- Development Projects and Programmes (Distance Learning)
- Non-governmental Organisations and Development (Distance Learning)
- Post-Conflict Reconstruction and Development
- Rural Poverty and Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 31 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
- An upper second class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field (the equivalent US GPA is 3.2) or
- A lower second-class Honours degree from an approved university with relevant work experience.
- Degrees from all disciplines are considered and a candidate’s work experience can be taken into consideration.
International6525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13050 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National6525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13050 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- PG Diploma programme fee: £8,700
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.