The emphasis throughout will be on encouraging you to reflect critically on what has worked well or not and why. You will select three optional modules (at 20 credits each) based on your individual interests and career aspirations.
You will be able to study from anywhere in the world with practitioners in government, civil society and the private sector, as well as with people new to development.
This International Development (Poverty, Inequality and Development) By Distance Learning course from University of Birmingham is most relevant for people who have worked in governments, non-governmental organisations (either international, regional, national or local) or on donor-funded projects, as well as for recent graduates wishing to work for such organizations, who have some experience of developing countries.
- International Development
- Development Politics
- Social Analysis of Poverty and Development
- Conflict and Development
- Development in Practice (Distance Learning)
- Disability and Development (Distance Learning)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 48 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Birmingham and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An upper second class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field (the equivalent US GPA is 3.2) or
- A lower second-class Honours degree from an approved university with relevant work experience.
- Degrees from all disciplines are considered and a candidate’s work experience can be taken into consideration.
International7003 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14007 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National7003 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14007 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- PG Diploma programme fee: £9360
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.