Recognising the changing context of healthcare and the profile of nurses needed, the Nursing Studies Adult (Pre-Registration) programme from Glasgow Caledonian University aims to equip graduate student nurses with advanced critical thinking skills, as well as practical skills and competencies to deliver compassionate, competent, person-centred, effective, safe and high quality health care.
MSc graduates will be expected make a significant contribution to ‘improving lives’ at an individual, community and global level. While working in partnership with health and social care professionals to meet the needs of patients, clients and service users, they will also contribute to public health outcomes through education and health improvement interventions.
The programme benefits from a strong emphasis on interprofessional education whereby students are able to learn with and from other health professionals.
The MSc also offers a unique opportunity for graduates to progress academically to Masters level while gaining registration as an adult nurse.
Graduate opportunities include employment in a diverse range of healthcare settings within the United Kingdom and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Art and Science of Nursing
- Developing Nursing Skills: Practice Learning Experience
- Inter-professional Working: Context
- Organisations and Practice
- Promoting Values-based Nursing in Contemporary Practice
- Person-centred Adult Nursing
- Global Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 1776 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UK honours degree 2:2 (or equivalent) in a non-adult nursing discipline. English and Maths at Standard grade, GCSE, National 5 (or equivalent). Two satisfactory references (one of which should be academic). Evidence of recent assessed study or relevant CPD activities within the last five years. Evidence of digital literacy. If successful, you will be shortlisted and invited for interview.
- We have a very limited number of places available on this course for students from outside of the European Union. These places fill up very quickly and were unable to process applications more than 12 months in advance. If you would like to enquire as to whether places are available before making your application, please use the Enquire option above.
- IELTS score of 7.0 (or equivalent) with 6.5 in writing and 7.0 in the other three components.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 28 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 28 months.
- RUK: £7,623
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.