Students will also become acquainted with the main issues and methods in Corporate Finance , Risk Management, Banking, and Financial Econometrics. The programme will present Finance as a scientific discipline with a rigorous methodology, but at the same time will describe the way financial markets and institutions actually work in a variety of contexts.
Our teaching offers you exceptional insights into financial institutions and markets in London and other major cities in the world. In addition, we offer specialist knowledge of financial and management systems in the emerging markets of Africa, Asia and the Middle East – something that will set you apart from graduates of other universities that normally focus on the analysis of Europe and the Americas. You will develop an excellent understanding of key issues shaping international business strategy in a global financial environment.
By joining this programme, you will become a member of the world-leading Centre for Global Finance at SOAS and participate in high-profile events and weekly seminars. This will provide you the opportunity to exchange ideas with leading scholars, practitioners and policy makers who shape local and global developments today.
The Finance programme from SOAS University of London is convened by Professor Victor Murinde, who is the AXA Chair in Global Finance and Director of the Centre for Global Finance, here at SOAS University of London. Professor Murinde combines excellent academic experience, involving teaching and research across many areas of finance, with top-tier practitioner experience in finance at the global level.
Graduates from the MSc in Finance will be well equipped for a career in corporate finance, treasury, banking, investments, financial analysis, and other finance-related strategic roles in business.
Students who attain a distinction or merit grade will be well-placed to embark on research towards a PhD. The School of Finance and Management Studies maintains close links with employers in the United Kingdom and its focus regions; the Centre for Global Finance has solid international links with multinational firms, governments and multilateral financial institutions.
The graduates may wish to consider taking up work in a wide range of organisations, including:
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
- Euro Monitor International
- HM Treasury
- Western Securities Co. Ltd
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Mathematics and Statistics for Finance Pre-sessional Course
- Finance in the global market
- Corporate finance
- Risk management
- Econometric Principles and Data Analysis
- Bank Regulation and Resolution of Banking Crises
- Corporate governance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Financial Mathematics View 703 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or other appropriate discipline, from a UK university or other institution acceptable to the University, or an equivalent international qualification (qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits).
- Candidates who do not have an undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline may take the GMAT or GRE test.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20835 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20835 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12445 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12445 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time (2 years):
- UK/EU Students - 6,223£/year
- Overseas Students - 10,418£/year
Part-time (3 years):
- UK/EU Students - 4,148£/year
- Overseas Students - 6,945£/year
- Felix Non- Indian Scholarship
- Felix Scholarships
- International Postgraduate Merit Scholarship for the School of Finance and Management
- John Loiello AFSOAS FISH Scholarship
- Postgraduate SOAS Global Impact Award
- SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship
- SOAS Master's Scholarships
- Tibawi Trust Award
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.