The East Asia Region Studies programme at the Vytautas Magnus University is mainly concentrated on modern political, economic, social and cultural issues of East Asian countries, i.e. Korea, Japan and China, but also provides possibility for students to study region’s history, traditions and religions.
- Knowledge of contemporary politics, economics and society of China, Japan and Korea.
- Ability to critically analyse East Asian political, economic and social processes in the domestic and international context.
- Understanding of development trends in East Asian countries and changing region’s role in the world.
- Effective communication skills across East Asian cultures and audiences at a personal and professional level.
- Ability to use research, communication and evaluation skills in diverse career fields.
- Master’s degree program in East Asia Region Studies is aimed at preparing qualified specialists to work in diplomatic structures, governmental and non-governmental institutions, business organizations, academic institutions, as well as European and East Asian diplomatic institutions that have demand for East Asian region experts.
- Graduates of the program possess adequate knowledge of East Asian region’s political, economic, cultural processes in the context of globalization, are able to recognize specific characteristics of the region, to analyse global events and apply this experience to Lithuania, as well as have knowledge of communicational characteristics of the region.
- World’s Regions and Area Studies
- International Relations in East Asia
- International Relations Theories and Methodology
- Political Development of China
- Social Critique and Critical methods
- Identities in East Asia
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 3 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Lithuania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree diploma in Political Science, the Humanities or other Social Science field. It is recommended that applicants, who have not studied in a Political Science undergraduate programme, should have 6 ECTS in Social Science, 4 ECTS in Humanities and 10 ECTS in Political Science related subjects.
- Proof of English Language
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter* 0,5 + Arithmetic average of bachelor degree diploma supplement all subjects* 0,3 + Evaluation of bachelor thesis or final examination * 0,2.
International3989 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3989 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3989 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3989 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.